Is it a long-life purchase? Have you bought an enduring tree spade? Every machine needs the same attentions but some of them, easier, needs just little labour.
Proper maintenance of any equipment is crucial for keeping it good and serviceable for a long time. As all brands of tree spades do not utilize the same mechanism, the maintenance may vary from brand to brand. Some tree spades run with hydraulic cilinders, others have vibration systems. The bushings can also be different in different brands. So, maintenance systems are also exactly not the same. Yet there are some general instructions for maintaining in good health all brands of tree spades. To keep your tree spade robust follow the following guidelines:
What is the key component to keep any piece of gear running easily? It’s greasing up. If you grease up the equipment continually, you can avoid numerous significant issues. So, grease up constantly as indicated by oil guidelines to have an enduring tree spade.
Never compromise with the quality of grease. Always use multi-purpose high quality grease while greasing up the unit. Before greasing the machine, be sure all fittings including nozzle are clean and clear. If oil fittings are missing, supplant them instantly. Try not to oil within or outside of parts non indicated in the manual, clearly they should be kept clean. Greasing on those parts will accomplish more damage than good. Debris and dirt will adhere to the grease and in this way will wear out those parts. Some of our clients have installed near the spades a can with a brush to greas up the spade’s guides during the working day.
Care after use
- Clear and clean all mud, soil, oil and other outside materials from the tree spade. Wash the machine and repaint places where uncovered metal is presented to hinder rust;
- Clean the spades and coat them with a rust safeguard compound for the idle periods of inactivity;
- It is better to store the tree spade in a dry and secured place. If it is kept outside, cover with waterproof canvas, plastic or other defensive material;
- Check the tree spade for any ragged or broken part or worm decals and replace them if required.
Care to Spade
- Keep the spades sharp and take care as the spade cannot bend out shape and be cautious about turning it over. This can happen due to the big stones or rocks while digging, or attempting to cut large tree roots (like those of citrus fruits), which are too large for handling with the machine;
- Keep the spade slides clean completely and greased up. To avoid untimely wear, it will be helpful.
Check Hydraulic lines
Check that the tractor’s oil type is compatible with that indicated in the manual. Inspect the pipes along their entire length to check their integrity, especially in the parts near the controls. Inside the tube there is a steel belt, if you see it, it is not a good sign: replace the tube.
During the working season, inspection and grasing up of the tree spade must be carried out daily before leaving for work. In the peak season it is logical to check the tree spade often, but even during the months of inactivity the maintenance cannot be completely ignored. Machine maintenance is also important during idle seasons.
A tremendous enemy for every machine are the vibrations.
In the long run they break up anything. Vibrations are normal, but in this work they are treacherous because they are also deadly for the plants.
Vibrations decrease the surviving rate of the plants and they produce more maintenance to fix the tree spade: Mac Bert create an enduring tree spade also because we work without vibrations, so for lesser maintenance you obtain a higher success rate.